Why We Love WordPress
- Ease-of-use: WordPress gives our clients the easiest content management system around. You’ll be able to add new pages and posts quickly and easily. Before launch we’ll provide a tutorial on how to manage your content.
- Open-source: There is no cost to install and use WordPress on a server. This saves our clients money up-front and in ongoing licensing fees.
- Plug-ins: Whatever feature you have in mind for your site, there’s probably already someone else who has built it and is sharing a plug-in that lets you add the functionality for free or for a small fee.
- SEO: With a little bit of effort, a WordPress site can have excellent search engine optimization. We train our clients on how to use WordPress and SEO plug-ins to boost rankings on search engines.
- Huge community of users: One advantage to having such a large user base is that our clients often hire marketing or communications staff who already know how to use WordPress.
- Versatility: Gone are the days when WordPress was primarily a blogging platform. We have extended WordPress in innumerable ways – e-commerce, relational databases, single sign-on, Salesforce integration, etc.
- Security: Being such a popular platform makes WordPress a bit of a target for hackers, but with proper configuration (and the WordFence plug-in), WordPress can be very secure. Regular software updates are also key.
Will WordPress work for my website?
WordPress is not the best solution for all our clients’ needs.
These questions may be on your mind as you decide whether it’s right for you.
Absolutely. WooCommerce is a free plug-in that allows you to sell products and services online. You’ll have all the usual functionality for e-commerce such as customer management, bookkeeping reports, discounts and coupon codes, sales tax management, real-time shipping quotes, payment gateway integration, and much more.
Not at all. We use caching plug-ins to serve static versions of site pages to your site visitors and a content distribution network (CDN) to host images on numerous servers for faster delivery. Additionally, we optimize our images and minify our code to improve performance.
There are numerous no-code app builders that will create a phone app based on the mobile interface of your WordPress site. Some of these allow for additional functionality that take advantage of native functions of mobile phones such as push notifications and geolocation.
Web Design Technologies
These are some of the web design and development tools and techniques we like to use:
The industry standard software suite for designing websites and web applications. This is our primary tool for creating interactive mockups.
No other server-side language is as popular as PHP. With vast open source resources and a huge community, it’s a logical choice for most sites.
There’s a reason that more than 40% of all websites use WordPress. It’s an easy way to have a ton of functionality and an intuitive CMS. What started as a basic blog platform has become an extremely flexible and powerful platform for building complex websites and web applications.
Why Hire Airtight Design?
Type “Atlanta web design” into a search engine like Google and you’ll get 842,000 results. Feeling overwhelmed with the choices? Let us give you seven reasons more to choose Airtight Design.
Here is what to expect if you hire Airtight Design to build or redesign your website.