Main Functions Of PHP
- Generate dynamic page content based on user interaction.
- Connect to other systems to send and receive data.
- Customize the user-experience based on user input and business logic.
- Control which users can access which resources on the site.
- Perform different functions on the server files, including creating, opening, reading, writing, and terminating files.
- Process and store form data submitted by users.
Why We Love PHP
- Open-source: There is no cost to install and use PHP on a server. This saves our clients money up-front and in ongoing licensing fees.
- Frameworks: There are numerous PHP frameworks that give Airtigtht the building blocks for amazing applications. We prefer Larave
- Huge community of developers: PHP has perhaps the largest community of developers who share code, resources and information with one another.
- Versatility: PHP allows our developers to use any common operating systems on our servers (we primarily use Ubuntu, an open-source Linux distribution) and offers our clients scalability and flexibility.
- Security: PHP is one of the most secure programming languages and our DevOps team takes extra care to test for vulnerabilities and use security best practices on all sites.
- Database connectivity: With a little plug-and-play magic, PHP can connect to a variety of types of databases. We almost only use MySQL, but we can easily use PostGres, MariaDB, NoSQL, etc.
Other Websites that Use PHP
If your site uses PHP, you’re in very good company. Here are a few sites you may have heard of that use PHP as the primary or a secondary programming language:
All WordPress sites
Web Design Technologies
These are some of the web design and development tools and techniques we like to use:
The industry standard software suite for designing websites and web applications. This is our primary tool for creating interactive mockups.
No other server-side language is as popular as PHP. With vast open source resources and a huge community, it’s a logical choice for most sites.
There’s a reason that more than 40% of all websites use WordPress. It’s an easy way to have a ton of functionality and an intuitive CMS. What started as a basic blog platform has become an extremely flexible and powerful platform for building complex websites and web applications.
Why Hire Airtight Design?
Type “Atlanta web design” into a search engine like Google and you’ll get 842,000 results. Feeling overwhelmed with the choices? Let us give you seven reasons more to choose Airtight Design.
Here is what to expect if you hire Airtight Design to build or redesign your website.