What a CMS Will Do For You
Airtight Design will develop a full-featured content management system (CMS) for your site
that allows you to perform basic tasks yourself, such as …
- Log in with a secure password
- Change the text on a page
- Add new pages and categories
- View the content changes you make instantly
- Restrict access to certain parts of the site to certain users
- Preview content before you publish
- Add photos and embed videos
- Manage data
- Update e-commerce pages
Powerful, Secure and Flexible
Airtight will help you make the most of your CMS every step of the way.
- Airtight discusses the choice of CMS with you so we’re sure it meets your business objectives.
- We install the content management system on your website and customize it to fit your specific needs.
- We train your staff to use the CMS.
- We establish roles within within your organization that determine which staff members have the ability to manage specific sections and/or types of data.
- After launch, we would like to help keep your CMS updated and secure through regular software updates.
Which CMS is right for my website?
Typically a web development company chooses a content management system in the early stages of planning. For most basic content websites, the choice is WordPress. More than one-third of all websites use the open source CMS because it is so robust, flexible and easy to use. Airtight has used WordPress effectively on hundreds of projects.
But WordPress is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Sometimes our clients have needs that require something different, such as the Larvavel-based CMS Oktober, or a completely custom solution.
Airtight chooses the right CMS for its clients based on factors such as:
- What are the functions of the site?
- What types of user roles will there be?
- How often, and in what ways, will content need updates?
- Is any of the data subject to HIPAA or PCI-compliance?
Familiar with the buttons that appear at the top of Microsoft Word? Those same buttons will appear at the top of your web page. Want to make something bold? Just click the big bold “B” at the top of the page. Want to make something italic? Click the big italic “I”. Want to make something a link? Click the big… You get the picture!
We’re Always Ready to Help
A representative of Airtight Design will come to your place of business and conduct a training session for the content management system with members of your staff. This will likely be a very short training session! Most people take one look at the interface and instantly understand how to use it.
We’ll also be on hand if you have questions or issues down the road.
Now all you have to do is contact us!
Web Design Technologies
These are some of the web design and development tools and techniques we like to use:
The industry standard software suite for designing websites and web applications. This is our primary tool for creating interactive mockups.
No other server-side language is as popular as PHP. With vast open source resources and a huge community, it’s a logical choice for most sites.
There’s a reason that more than 40% of all websites use WordPress. It’s an easy way to have a ton of functionality and an intuitive CMS. What started as a basic blog platform has become an extremely flexible and powerful platform for building complex websites and web applications.